Perfect for cold winter nights or any time of year, this vegan chili recipe is a real winner for the whole family. (I usually double up the recipe and divide portions into separate containers as a meal prep hack.)
Vegan Chipotle Chili (serves 4-5)
2 tablespoons avocado oil (can use olive oil as a substitute)
1 white onion, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-ounce) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (12-ounce) can of corn
2 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
1 (8-ounce) can of chipotle sauce
2 large tomatoes, diced
2 cups quinoa, cooked
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Avocado, for topping
Cilantro, for topping
1. In a large pot, heat avocado oil and sauté onions and garlic. Cook until onions become translucent.
2. Add beans, corn, vegetable broth, chipotle sauce, and tomatoes.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes until tomatoes get tender.
4. Add quinoa and lime juice, then continue to heat for another 5 minutes.
5. Top with avocado and cilantro. Serve warm.